Thursday 15 April 2010

No Time




Its funny that the last blog i entered was entitled 'Time' because that is something that i feel i haven't had in weeks!! I'm a Nurse Practitioner in the real world, and i work mostly night shifts, so when my kids are on school holidays, i get no rest at all. And I haven't had time to do all the nice arty things i would like to have done.
Through another blogger ('Lorraine'), i discovered there is a group called 'The Artistic Mother' by Shona Cole, all about being a busy mum but trying to find time to do a little art work each day. And there is a group who are working through the workshops in the book together:

If i had time (haha) i would join, but i know i haven't. However, i did pick up some inspiration from Trudy who set up the group. She said "I would like to encourage all of you beautiful ladies in The Artistic Mother's Art Group not to compare your work to that of others. Please do not look at what others have made and get discouraged. Just do the best that you can do. This is not a competition. And we will all improve with time. The whole point of doing these projects is to build the habit of doing something creative each day and to look to one another for encouragement and inspiration. So please go easy on yourself. I love all of your work. Each of you are so unique and what you create is so unique that no one else can replicate it. It's all beautiful. Keep creating." This meant alot to me. i am always comparing my work with that of others. Other people seem to just naturally make the most AMAZING peices of art work, and sometimes i feel my own pales to insignificance. but maybe i should just stop trying so hard, relax, and let my own ideas flow?

this is some stuff i have made recently:



2 comments:

  1. I need to learn how to set out my posts better, with the pictures and everything? If any one can help i would be very grateful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was a wonderful post. Thank you for your comment on my blog. I'm so glad that my post helped you. You are so right. We need to stop trying so hard, relax and just enjoy the process and allow the ideas to flow.

    Trudy
    The Artistic Mother's Art Group

    ReplyDelete